Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USb-6008 and NI-DAQmx "base"???

Hi!
We use the USB 6008 and NI-DAQmx 8.0 (on our delivery receipt noticed: NI-DAQmx Base)! The name of our computer was changed, after that the software was out of order. Now we want to install it again, but it doesn´t work, if we start a new measurement the program gives us a big error message! Which software is the correct software to use USB-6008! Is it NI_DAQmx or NI-DAQmx base .....

Thank you for your help!

PS: Sorry for my english!

Best Regards

Markus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,571 Views)
Hello Markus,

Originally the USB-6008 was supported only with the DAQmx-Base. But since the DAQmx 7.5, the USB-6008 is also supported with the driver NI-DAQmx.
So, as you are installing the new driver, I suggest you to install only the last DAQmx driver  (current version 8.3.1)

Here are some interesting link about this topic:
Using the USB-6008/9 and USB-6501 with NI-DAQmx or NI-DAQmx Base
Why Can't I See My USB-6008, -6009, or -6501 Under "DAQmx Devices" in MAX After Installing NI-DAQmx ...

Best regards,
Nick_CH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,552 Views)

Hi,

thank you for your help. But since yesterday we know the bug. Our problem is the administration authorizations! Is there any update or add-in?

PS: The software will work with full administration authorisations, but not without!

Best Regards

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,541 Views)
Hello,

This problem is caused by a lack of permissions. The DAQ Assistant is built from Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX),
and the user needs permission to access MAX's files. Complete the following steps to set up permissions for the MAX Directory

Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Does Not Load Correct config.daq Settings

Best regards,
Nick_CH
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,538 Views)