From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB6259 Trigger with static digital

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a VI that controls a linear motor control with digital lines. At one point in the program setting one of these lines triggers an analog input task and a counter pulse task. This is done by putting a wire between the digital line and e.g.. PFI0 using this as the trigger input. This works OK.

My general question: Is there any solution, where I can use an internal signal of the 6259 avoiding the wire connection?

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mq17

hi mq17,

I did not find a clear information saying that this is possible (nor impossible). What you should try is to create an internal route between the digital line and PFI0 using the DAQmx Connect Terminal VI. I can not guarantee you it will work but this is worth trying:

DAQmx Connect Terminals (VI)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370469AA-01/lvdaqmx/mxconnectterminals/

Don't forget to disconnect the terminals at the end of your programm

Best regards

Message 2 of 3
(2,857 Views)

Hi Florian,

thank you for the hint. I looked at that before but could not find my digital line in the offered connection sources. Now I tried the corresponding PFI denominator for the line (Port2/Line0 = PFI8) and it works!

Thank you

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,851 Views)