Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DAQ 6212 for Triggering Devices

Hello,

I want to trigger 3 devices using USB 6212. The system is an imaging system for small droplets, so the Camera and light must have a finite delay ( a user value). Are there any examples of triggering systems? Also, all the terminals used can be PFI or need to be analog for TTL waves for triggering.

I am sorry for the language. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(154 Views)

To rephrase, you want to generate 3 digital signals with precise timing relationship using 6212.

Now, to the specifics,

• Can you draw a timing diagram of these 3 signals? denote the range of expected values
  • What level of flexibility is required? on-the-fly and static?
  • Importance of missing the accuracy of timing relationship between the signals
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(125 Views)

Can you draw a timing diagram of these 3 signals? denote the range of expected values

• I have attached an image of the diagram of signals. I made a mistake in my previous post, I  need 2 signals (one with a delay).
    The camera and light can use the same signal, so one signal for the AFG and another for the camera + light. 
    Signal for camera+light should be around 55 HZ and a delay of 10-50us.
    The signal for the AFG trigger is  1KHZ.

What level of flexibility is required? on-the-fly and static?

I want to change the delay time on the fly and have a precise synchronous trigger for both.

Importance of missing the accuracy of timing relationship between the signals

The accuracy of timing relationships between signals is crucial in an imaging system for droplets to reproduce the data correctly. And Precise timing allows the system to capture images at the exact moment of droplet ejection, which is necessary for accurate analysis.

I hope to answer all your questions to the best of my knowledge. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(76 Views)

The info you've given so far is still incomplete.

- you say you only need 2 signals, but your timing diagram shows 3

- you say the camera and light can use the same signal, but you show 2 distinct timing signals on the diagram

- you say camera + light should both be around 55 Hz, but you show 7 light trigger pulses per camera pulse

- you mention a 10-50us delay, but haven't clearly identified the 2 endpoints that define that delay

- you reference an "AFG trigger" at 1 kHz in your text, but don't show it in the timing diagram.  The timing diagram shows a "jetting trigger", but that's the same freq as the light trigger which was previoiusly stated to be ~55 Hz.

Please be *very* specific about all the timing relationships.  It's important to know which signals you need your app to capture or react to and which ones you need to generate.  It's important to know which timing relationships are from an edge of one signal to the edge of another, and which are a measure of time spent in a specific digital state.  And polarity will matter in both cases (your previous pic suggests but doesn't fully *define* a delay from jet trigger rising edge to light trigger rising edge and a high time duration for a camera pulse).

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(28 Views)