Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 not recognized under lsdaq on Ubuntu 8.10

Hello all,

So, under Ubuntu 8.10 I have installed NI-DAQmx Base 3.2 using the method mentioned here. Firmware has been updated to NI-DAQmx Base 3.2 compatible using an XP partition on the same machine as discussed in several posts on this forum.  When I run lsdaq under XP, the 6501 appears fine, however, this is not the case when lsdaq is run under ubuntu.

-`uname -r` yields:

"2.6.27-11-generic"

-`dmesg` after plugging in the device yields: (note, I have tried booting with the device plugged in as well as hotplugging)

" ...  [  816.136061] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
[  816.308527] usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice ... "

-`lsmod | grep ni` yields nothing

-`lsusb` yields:

" Bus 004 Device 002: ID 049f:0086 Compaq Computer Corp. Bluetooth Device
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 3923:718a National Instruments Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub"

- `ls -l /proc/bus/usb` yields:

"total 0"

-`lsdaq` and `sudo lsdaq` yield:

" --------------------------------
Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices
Found the following DAQ Devices:
--------------------------------"

It seems that Mike might also be having a similar unsolved problem, but I decided a new post would be better than resurrecting an old thread.

If I've omitted any useful information, just let me know.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,039 Views)

Ben,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. I am sure you have found by now that NI-DAQmx Base is not officially supported on the Ubuntu Platform. I was able to find this forum here where some individuals worked through getting a USB-6009 installed properly. There have been individuals who have gotten this to work properly but I know they went through some troubleshooting to get everything working. I would recommend completely searching the boards for others and what they have done to get their devices working. There is also a Linux User Community that you might look through as well. That site is here.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,022 Views)