Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6361 device name change after system restart

Hi all

I am using NI USB 6361 DAQ card and recently facing a strange phenomenon i.e. as soon as I restart PC, DAQ device name automatically changes in NI MAX. Forexanple, if currently device is saved as Dev1in NI MAX, after restart, it's name will automatically changed to Dev2, after next restart, it will changed to Dev3  and so on.

Kindly suggest some solution to this problem as it is difficult to use this device in my C# application with this problem (after each restart, i have to change the name in my application manually by inspecting device current name NI MAX)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,264 Views)

Does it just change the name alone or do you see the old name as a separate device that is not connected?

I have never seen such a scenario. NI MAX maintains Alias correctly across multiple restarts. Since this is a USB device, do you plugin through an external HUB that changes its address for every restart? is it connected to a fixed USB Hub of the computer?

Of course, you can try a NI MAX database reset but I would think this is an OS-level issue than NI MAX. What version of software do you use?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,245 Views)

Is the nce file being imported each time the PC starts? This might be the culprit? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,211 Views)

Hi

1. The Old name came as a separate device that is not connected.

2. NI USB DAQ is directly connected with computer without any USB Hub.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,166 Views)

Hi

I am not importing any nce file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,165 Views)