From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6341 will not connect to windows 10 computer.

A USB 6341 will not connect to a windows 10 computer. It will connect to a windows 7 computer. A different usb 6341 will connect to the windows 10 computer. Any suggestions why the computer will connect to one 6341 and not the other would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,335 Views)

Can you provide some more context about what you mean when you say it will not connect? Can you see the device in device manager, but not in MAX, or is the device not recognized by the computer at all? If it does show up in device manager, you  may want to check your DAQmx driver to ensure you have a driver that is compatible with your device and version of LabVIEW. 

Alex C.

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,292 Views)

I think it is an issue with windows. The USB 6341 will not show up in device manager, but the device will work with other computers. So it seems to me that hte issue must be with  windows, but I have no idea what to do now to get the computer to recognize it. I have another USB 6341 and that unit will connect with the laptop in question.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,288 Views)

I find it strange that one USB-6341 can connect to the laptop, while another has issues. Are both being plugged into the same USB port? 

I did find an article on our website that seems similar to the behavior you are seeing. Take a look at the link below:

Why Is My USB DAQ Device Not Recognized in Device Manager When Connected through a USB 3.0 Port?:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/49A8EC95510360F586257B09005B7AB1

Try following the steps outlined to download the newest driver for your USB Host controller. If you are not using a 3.0 port, this article will not apply. If so, please provide that information as well.

Alex C.

National Instruments 

Applications Engineer

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,281 Views)