Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6341 could not be reset from MAX

I have a new USB 6341 connected to Win7 computer. When i right click the device in Max, and select "Reset Device", MAX crashes. The driver that came along with the product is NI Daqmx 9.3.5. I see there is an updated version available which i will try to install. In the mean time, Could NI confirm if it is a driver issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,077 Views)

Hi Nathan,

The crash might occur due to corruption in MAX database. To resolve this issue I recommend you to take the following steps:

1) Reset MAX Configuation Database by opening MAX and then clicking on Tools ->> Reset Configuration Data

Refer to the following article for more details: How Do I Clean a Corrupted Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Database and Start With a New One...

2) Download the latest NI DAQmx driver: NI-DAQmx 9.5.1 - Windows 7 32-bit/Vista 32-bit/7 64-bit/XP 32-bit/Server 2003 R2 32-bit/Vista 64-bit...

3) Unplug your USB 6341, install the driver, restart your computer and check if you still cannot reset the device in MAX

I have also checked our CAR/bug fixes database and I could not find anything related to problems with resetting USB 6341 with NI Daqmx 9.3.5 installed.

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,070 Views)

HI Mikhail,

Thanks for your response. I have followed all your suggestions and no luck so far. I have managed to get an error for you and it is attached with this note. Every time i try to reset the device, MAX hangs and if i turn off the USB device, then MAX recovers and throws up an error shown in the attached file. Also, please note i have other DAQ devices which works fine and i can reset without any problems. Now i am starting to think the unit could be faulty since i had trouble even during installation of the hardware for the first time, i got a message "The driver could not be installed" but when i tried again the driver was successfully installed. Also note this device worked OK for two days since it is purchased and after that i am getting this errors. Nothing has changed in the last two days. I have tried connecting it on a different computer with same OS and i have the same problem. Is there any reset button in the hardware that i could try?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,060 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Unfortunately, there is no physical way to reset your device externally. The only way to reset this device is from MAX.

Now, there is a possibility that your board might be faulty. In this case I encourage you to contact NI by phone to set up an RMA for your device so that it can be repaired and futher diagnosed. You can reach the NI RMA department by calling 1-866-ASK-MYNI (1-866-275-6964) and telling our Customer Service Representative that you will need to send in your board for repair. However, before you do that I would swap out the USB cable you are using to connect your device to your computer. Sometimes when you have USB cable that is pinched or damaged in some way the Error -50301 might occur.

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,046 Views)