I need some help to understand (and maybe solve ) a problem with a USB 6218 device.
In some of our test bed systems, for engine testing, we have NI USB 6218 devices for additional analog input.
After some monthes of normal activity, when i plug the usb 6218 into a specific computer, it isn't recognized correctly and it doesn't work anymore.
In Max it appears as shown in the attached picture.
Do someone had a similar problem? Any advice is very appreciated
Thank you very much for your help
Solved! Go to Solution.
So it is behaving similarly on another computer as well? Have you disconnected all signals to the board? If so I would suspect the device and call NI support for options.
did you try to change USB port. Do you have an USB Hub or a direct connection?
You can try with suggested steps.
If they don't work, you can try with a DAQmx repair. Or with a MAX "Reset COnfiguration Data" (Tools -> Reset Configuration Data)
I checked the option and NI Device Loader is running and automatically lauched. I tried also to reboot the service but nothing changed.
I already tried "Reset Configuration Data" from Max without success.
Of course the test was made over different USB devices: front usb connectors and on a secondary PCI USB usb controller.
The test was done also with the USB-6218 without any connection.
Thank you for your help
I tried almost everything...
The solution was "FORMAT C:"
With a new installation of Windows 7 64 the problem disappeared!
Thank you for you help! 😉