Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6212 LED not lighting up

Hi, 

My USB-6212 DAQ system isn't working properly. When I plug in the usb to the laptop and check MAX to see if it is connected, it says it isn't but the DAQ system is discoverable. Also, the LED light is not turning on either. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?\

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,925 Views)

Hi riasadik,

Does the device show up in the Windows Device Manager (assuming you are using Windows) when you plug it in?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,903 Views)

Hi

Thank you for the response.  Yes, the device shows up as "Unknown Device". I used a different computer to see if that was the issue, and it still isn't lighting up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,889 Views)

Also, Windows notifies me that the device requires troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,888 Views)
What version of DAQmx did you install?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,884 Views)

Okay so I installed the newer version of DAQ. It is finally lighting up (unlike before), but now it is blinking. I am not getting a solid LED light. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,832 Views)

Okay so I installed the newer version of DAQ. It is finally lighting up (unlike before), but now it is blinking. I am not getting a solid LED light. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,831 Views)

Take a look at the manual for the USB 6212 http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371931f.pdf

Section 3-6 gives info regarding the PWR/ACT LED Indicator. It looks like a single-blink means the device is operating normally (connected to USB Hi-Speed port) and a double-blink means its operating normally (connected to USB Full Speed port. It appears the blinking is a good thing!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,818 Views)