Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009

Hi everyone,
I have been teaching myself how to use USB 6009 Mutifunction DAQ with LABVIEW, just moments ago my USB stopped working, I had it attached to a voltage gen of 10 V, and it stopped flashing. now I tried configuring it again, restarted the computer, I think the computer is not recognising the device either.
what could be the problem?

Cheers
Hanieh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,143 Views)

Welcome to the discussion forums, Hanieh!

There is a 1.1A resettable fuse in the USB-6008/6009 that could’ve been triggered if too much current was forced into the unit. Please remove all the cables and let it sit for 10+ minutes before connecting it again.

I suggest reading the user manual to make sure all connections have been made properly.

If the problem continues, try measuring a voltage from a household battery and see if you still have problems. If you believe the device is damaged, please contact National Instruments Customer Service at ni.com/contact for further assistance.

Power Supply Electrical Protection on the USB 6008/6009

Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,128 Views)
Thanks Mark,

The USB has been unplugged for a while now, I tired connecting it again to the PC but nothing happened and this msg came up:

"USB device not recognized...One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfuntioned and windows does not recognize it...."

I hope it hasn't been damaged, I will have to contact NI if you don;t have any other suggestions?!

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,120 Views)
I uninstalled the device support program NI-DAQmx, then I tried installing it but when I insert the CD into the computer it hangs, so I had to take the Cd out and restart the pc....pain in the neck... 😞
what should I do now? I think I might need to send the USB back with the cds for repair, or maybe my computer doesn't work properly....I connected the USB to another PC, it didn't blink but the PC was looking for a device,,,,...

??????
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Hi again
just wanted to thank you Mark and let you know that the device is working perfectly now, I think I had a PC problem, it's fixed :womanvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,101 Views)