From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009 vs Non-Legacy Multifunction DAQ (eg 6001, 6002)

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using a USB-6009 in my appliation and when I went to buy another one, I noticed it's categorized as a "Legacy" product. Does anyone know how it's performace compares with the non-legacy low-cost multifunction DAQs. like the 6001 or 6002? In particular, I'm most interested in noise and overall accuracy of the analog inputs. 

As a side question, do the 6001 or 6002 let you adjust the analog input range to anything other than the full scale +/- 10V? The 6009 lets you go down to +/- 1V to get better accuracy, which I find to be useful.

I'd be happy to compare the specs myself, but the spec sheets for these parts aren't very thorough.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tktx

Just go through the specifications in the product pages and you will get all of the answers you want.  If you need more info, go digging into the specification documents that are linked to in the product pages.

I didn't go through the accuracy specs, but all of the "basic" DAQs only have the 1 range.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,270 Views)

Ok, thanks. If the basic line only has one input voltage range, that's all the info I need. I thought there was  a chance that they allowed lower input ranges that just weren't documented.

In case anyone is curious, the 6002 ($329) and 6003 ($499) are both 16-bit devices and have in input voltage absolute accuracy of 6 mV at room temp and 26 mV over the full temperature range.

The 6009 ($309) is a 14-bit part and with the input voltage range set to +/- 1V, it has an absolute accuracy of 1.53 mV at room temp and 37.5 mV over the full temperature range. At +/- 10 V (same as the 6002 and 6003), the absolute accuracy numbers are 7.73 mV at room temp and 84.8 mV over the full temperature range.

Since my main goal is to measure low voltages accurately at room temp, I'll stick with the 6009.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,244 Views)