Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009 not recognized following blue screen of death

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two USB-6009 devices, used with Labview and NI-DAQmx to do some simple analog input and analog output.  The two USB-6009 were working fine previously on this PC.  Recently I experienced a blue screen of death, related to a different (non-NI) USB device connected to the PC.  I didn't record the information from the blue screen of death.  When I rebooted the computer, the USB-6009 devices were no longer recognized by Labview / MAX.  The green LED on the USB-6009s do not come on.  The USB-6009s do show up in the Windows device manager with a yellow exclamation mark ("Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware").  If I connect the USB-6009 to a different PC, MAX recognizes them on that PC, and I get the usual blinking green LED.  If I connect a different USB-6009 (never before connected to this PC), I get a solid green LED, and Windows says is unable to load the driver.

I am running Vista, Labview 8.5, and NI-DAQmx 8.9.  I have rebooted 5-6 times, I have tried disabling and re-enabling the USB-6009 through windows device manager, I have tried the "update driver" options in device manager.  Any advice on how else to troubleshoot this?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,997 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RJM-SNL
The update driver and enable/disable do nothing for the main driver - DAQmx. Reinstall or repair that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,989 Views)
Thanks, that did the trick.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,970 Views)