From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6002 pressure gauge readings give strange step function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have the current set-up below:

- OMEGA pressure gauge connected to signal amp connected to USB-6002, finally connected to laptop (powered by AC adaptor) via USB

- Differential mode

- I am using a MatLab program to capture the data

I am seeing this step-wise function in the Volts (V) vs Time plot (s). Any idea why this is happening? The set-up is well grounded. I have attached a sample 10 sec data at 100 Hz.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Victor

test.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,536 Views)

Addendum: This quantised effect is not present in RSE mode (Volts vs time (s))

test2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author victorkangnz

At a glance, it sure looks like A/D quantization.  Note that both the X and Y axes in your second posting have a significantly different scale than in your first.  The quantization is probably still there, it's just obscured by all the additional noise and the much wider view.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,509 Views)

Thank you very much, Kevin!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,470 Views)