From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6000 bare bones board (PCB)

Hello NI Community,

1, Can I install and run a USB-6000, USB-6008 or USB-6009 or other hardware generally, with Labview community version installed on my home machine? I do have a fully registered version of Labview 7 in the background.

2, I just received a USB-6000 for the start of a home development project it is slightly lower in spec when compared to USB 6008 and 6009. I thought this would be a good entry level point for the DAQ part of my project.

The board arrived and is as expected a bare bones PCB, I did think the device would ship a USB cable and/or pointer to driver website. I did find the online user guide (showing the fully cased version) which then mentions inserting the supplied DVD. I tried to download NI DaqMX which which after downloading for half an hour popped up a 'FAILED'. I thought there would be either a URL pointing me to a driver or included DVD. Am I misunderstanding, maybe the board is intended to be a swop out for failed PCB in the full cased version.

My board does register in NI MAX but I and sure it  requires a driver of some sort and a test panel. Am I missing the point somewhere here, I just really need a plug in, configure and use device with screw terminal access for sensor. The USB-6009 is looking like the better option with a case, DVD driver, USB cable, screw terminal.

Any guidance here would be really appreciated, thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(752 Views)

Hi Community,

Following on form the earlier post I managed to successfully install NI DaqMX which also added the MAX Test Panel plus the DaqMX Labview library and I an see basic analogue data on the Test Panel monitor. The question: does Labview community edition allow connection with external hardware is 'yes' for the USB-6000, I can make a start on the project now :0)

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(727 Views)