From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-1608FS analog input rate is slow

Hi.

I have a USB-1608FS Data Acquisition device. I'm right now testing it by sending a sine wave signal through it and then reading it on the Front Panel in labview. The problem is when I go past 10 hertz, the sine wave form shown on the Front Panel indicates under sampling. I recorded how many times the While Loop executes (how many samples) per second and it only seems to do it about 200 times per second. I need to read at least a 50 kHz sine wave that doesn't look "blocky". How can I get a good, fast and accurate sine wave reading (and data point reading) from an analog input???

Thank you!

<^> darrell

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,016 Views)
You might want to try Measurement Computing instead of a board dedicated to NI hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,012 Views)

Darrell,

I would also suggest you use the Measurement Computing  link Denis provided for questions on those products.

However, according to this link the max sampling rate per channel is 50k.  That would make measuring a 50kHz sine wave impossible.  We do have multiple NI DAQ cards that can meet your requirements.  Please feel free to post back here if you are interested in these.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,996 Views)