From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical accuracy for NI 9207

Does NI quote anywhere "typical" accuracy values (e.g. 25 +/- deg C) for the NI 9207?

The datasheet only has "maximum" values (worst case of 0.19mA), but I can see that the device's accuracy in realistic operating conditions is more than an order of magnitude better than this. Unfortunately, I don't have the traceable equipment to calibrate this myself.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,305 Views)

Oops, never mind, the Calibration manual - does give some alternative numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,296 Views)

Cal-Specs are smaller to cover all the drifts over the calibration interval!

Drift due to time (internal references drift) , temperature!, humidity ... noise, self heating of the sensing resistors ...

Well specified (usually metrological) devices have 24h, 1 month and 1 year specs ...

IF you have known currents (sources)  (or even better known stable exiters for your current sourcing transducers, say weigth loads for a loadcell) and do a lot of calibrations/verifications over a longer periode, you can estinate how good your setup really is.

And don't mix up accuracy and resolution 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,289 Views)

Can we still have an answer to that question above? In my opinion it hasn´t been answered yet.
My question basically is, if the off-set error and the gain error are both negligible(or 0) when ambient conditions are around 25 ° C or if I need to use "maximum -40 to 70 °C" instead?
What is the reason for not stating any information about typical accuracy for NI9207?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,266 Views)