Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two USB-6008 in parallel?

I am building a system that uses the MKS247 mass flow controller power supply.  It has four channels to control four separate MFCs.  Each channel requires an analog input; however, the USB-6008 onlu has two analog outputs.  Can i put two of these DAQs in parallel and define them somehow in Labview so as to have four total outputs to control the four channels of the power supply?  Is there another way to create more analog output channels?

Thanks,

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,699 Views)
Controlling two different DAQ devices is not much different than controlling one. You will have to create a task for device one and a separate task for device 2. You will have duplicate low level DAQmx functions for each device/task. If using the DAQ Assistant, you will need one for each device. The tasks will be separate and I don't think you can synch the two of them.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,692 Views)

Hi Thomas

Dennis is correct about the synchronization.  The USB-6008 cannot be synchronized because the USB-600x family does not have the capability of using an external sample clock.  An option you do have is to trigger both devices off the same pulse.  This will not achieve perfect synchronization, but it will allow both USB-6008s to start at the exact same time.

Have a great weekend

Chris_K_

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,664 Views)