From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two DAQ devices and SCCs with NI-DAQmx Base on Mac OS X ?

Hi,

I'm doing DAQ with an M serie device under Mac OS X and Labview with NI-DAQmx Base.

I'd like to buy another DAQ device (S serie) and SCCs devices, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use two devices simultaneously with NI-DAQmxBase (is it possible to launch two AI tasks on two separate devices ?), and if SCC modules need to be configured (which seems to be impossible to do with NI-DAQmxBase).

I hope somebody could share its experience.

Thanks and Regards,

Tibobo

(INSERM engineer, France)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,744 Views)
Tibobo:

You can use more than one device at the same time with DAQmx Base. However, DAQmx Base does not support multiple threads, so both devices must be operated from a single application. You will have to work out time-sharing for the devices yourself.

I don't know about SCC devices (I don't know what it is 🙂

If at all possible, you would be better off using a Windows machine with standard NI-DAQmx. DAQmx Base is missing quite a bit of functionality that I find quite important.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,739 Views)

Hi,

The DAQmx Base configuration utility will not have any information on signal conditioning (ie SCC). Signal conditioning is not supported by NI-DAQmx driver.

Regards,

Isabelle
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,726 Views)
Hi Isabelle,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, NI-DAQmx base configuration utility doesn't work at all on my mac, so it's not a problem.
I will not have any information on SCC modules, but will it work ? Does it need to be configured to do its conditionning job ?

Do you know something about using two DAQ devices simultaneously ? John said I have to run two acquisition threads from two different applications. Is he right ? I hardly imagine how to launch two applications at the same time, with synchronisation.

Regards

Boris Matrot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,724 Views)
Boris, I said you *cannot* run two acquisition threads with DAQmx Base.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,719 Views)