From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggered acquisition

Dear friends, 

I am using a program for image acquisition in microscopy. My sample is placed on a nanopositioning stage (xy direction which takes analog inputs 0-10V)and my detector is analog detector which gives voltage output. These two have to work synchronously to collect data by raster scanning the sample.  I have a 6353 pcie X-series daq and compatible DAQmx driver (9.7) labview 2010 installed on a windows 7 OS. The program and related paper is attached. How do I make this thing work. The controller of my stage has separate x and y channels (connections made by bnc) for giving the voltage input. Please help me in understanding how the connections will be made I mean which wire goes in what point. My breakout box is BNC 2110.  

Thank you 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,248 Views)

aviaashu,

I browsed through the PDF you attached and it seems like this code uses two Analog Inputs (ai0, ai1) and two Analog Outputs (ao0,ao1), and 3 counters (ctr0,ctr1,ctr3). The resources I have linked below should be able to help you

NI PCIe-6353 Device Pinout

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AC-01/device_pinouts/6353_pinout/ - This should help you find out what PFI lines correlate to what counter (located in the table at the bottom)

BNC-2110 Manual

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372121f.pdf -This should help you with locating the necessary PFI lines and Analog Outputs/Inputs on the BNC 2110 (check page 9 for PFI lines)

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,219 Views)

Sailesh, 

Thank you for the response. Going through the pinout diagram I think I need two break out boxes. Right?

Avinash

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,214 Views)