Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger not working after updating to DAQmx 9.5.0

After receiving a letter from NI about a capture issue with multiple S devices (which I have seen) I updated to DAQmx 9.5.0.

 

After the update and no other changes my trigger no longer works, I have 3 PXI-6133s, 2 have their own trigger and the third is trigger by one of the other 2.

 

The device that isn't used to trigger the third triggers as expected

 

But two that are setup as master- slave, the slave device triggers immediately and the master fails to trigger (times out)

 

the triggers are setup exactly as shown in the example, and have worked perfectly for the last year and a half, it's only after this update that I have issues.

 

A new requirement for the app is the driving force behind updating, I need the pre-trigger data that isn't getting sent with the older version of DAQmx 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,033 Views)

Hi DogOnWood,

 

Could you send a screenshot of how your code is setup? If you are manually routing signals to synchronize your devices, the S series multidevice task notification does not apply.

Steven K.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,028 Views)

I found out there was a newer version of DAQmx and updated to it, fixed the trigger not working at all, but now I have erratic triggering (based on the data I'm receiving)

 

attached is how I'm setting up the triggers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,021 Views)

So 9.5.1 fixed the non working trigger issue I had with 9.5.0, seem that 9.5.1 VI's are slower though as now I can't setup and trigger at the correct time without changing my code which isn't an issue, it was just bit frustrating when it used to work before the "update".

 

I have to take an extra step to make sure everything is sync'd up before triggering.

 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,000 Views)