cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Digital Output Task on an NI PCI-6024E

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to trigger a Digital Output task on the rising edge of a digital input, as shown in the below example.

SW - block Diagram.PNG

When I implement this VI on my NI PCI-6024E, I receive the following error after the sample clock VI block is run:

Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: SampTimingType
Requested Value: Sample Clock
Possible Values: On Demand

Task Name: _unnamedTask<15>

Am I correct in concluding that because the only possible value of the SampTimingType property is On Demand, I cannot trigger a digital output on the PCI-6024E?

If I am incorrect, I would appreciate any tips that people might have for setting up a digitally triggered digital output on the PCI-6024E.

Thank you!

JR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jr5898760

I'm afraid you're correct, your 6024E device will *NOT* support any kind of hardware-clocked digital output.

The E-series design is more than 20 years old  It's probably time to move up to the PCIe bus and an X-series device (the 63xx series.)

-Kevin P

[Edit:  P.S.   It *is* at least conceivable that you might be able to accomplish what you need to do using an AO task rather than a DO task.  I don't think E-series supports retriggering for AO tasks natively, but there's a workaround with its counters.  Unfortunately, the links I found seem to be dead at the moment, possibly a casualty of the very recent site redesign?]

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(1,761 Views)