From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Digital Output Task on an NI PCI-6024E

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to trigger a Digital Output task on the rising edge of a digital input, as shown in the below example.

SW - block Diagram.PNG

When I implement this VI on my NI PCI-6024E, I receive the following error after the sample clock VI block is run:

Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: SampTimingType
Requested Value: Sample Clock
Possible Values: On Demand

Task Name: _unnamedTask<15>

Am I correct in concluding that because the only possible value of the SampTimingType property is On Demand, I cannot trigger a digital output on the PCI-6024E?

If I am incorrect, I would appreciate any tips that people might have for setting up a digitally triggered digital output on the PCI-6024E.

Thank you!

JR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,778 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jr5898760

I'm afraid you're correct, your 6024E device will *NOT* support any kind of hardware-clocked digital output.

The E-series design is more than 20 years old  It's probably time to move up to the PCIe bus and an X-series device (the 63xx series.)

-Kevin P

[Edit:  P.S.   It *is* at least conceivable that you might be able to accomplish what you need to do using an AO task rather than a DO task.  I don't think E-series supports retriggering for AO tasks natively, but there's a workaround with its counters.  Unfortunately, the links I found seem to be dead at the moment, possibly a casualty of the very recent site redesign?]

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(1,762 Views)