Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traditional NIDAQ to NI DAQmx

hello

i would like upgrade the traditionel NI DAQ to the DAQ MX! with updaterate and buffer size

somebody will have trics and tips??!

thank s in advance

Raphael

traditionel DAQ (AoConfig,Aowrite, aoStart) i specifie the buffer size in the aoconfig and the uprate in the aostart
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,297 Views)
You would rather search the LabVIEW examples for the equivalent ananlog input vi's. There are several of them, one such vi is Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,278 Views)
Hello Rapheal,

What I would do is as follows:

1) In MAX select under tools -> NI-DAQmx Configuration -> Convert Traditional NI-DAQ (legacy) configuration to DAQmx.
2) Then I would create new DAQmx tasks (right click data neighbourhood) create new. And then add the converted Global mx channels (old trad channels)
3) You can then in LabVIEW place a DAQmx task constant on the block diagram and right click it and select Generate code -> Configuration and Example to generate the DAQmx equivilant code. You should be able to wire the block diagram up accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 5
(3,253 Views)
ok thank you very much for your help!

I used the example : daqMx\analoguGeneration\Voltage\Cont Gen votage wfm int clock non regeneration
I specified a NI DAQmx TASK or NI DAQmx global channel for replace the AO analog voltage Basic

but a other problem
When a specifie a sample per channel more than 1 000 000.... i have un error message :

"Possible reason(s):

Sample clock rate specified is so high that it violates the settling time requirements for the generation.

Reduce the sample clock rate, or the accuracy of the generated signal might be compromised.
"

It is strange because in the specification of the bord 6251 the max update rate is 2.86 Ms/s (resolution of DAC =16 bit)?????? and the limit resolution is 50 ns??? i don't understand very well.
if somebody can illuminate my lantern

thank's in advance
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,207 Views)
Rapheal,

Have you tried to excercise the board in Measurement and Automation Explorer? Does the board perform the same here?

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,098 Views)