From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device is not responding to the first IRQ level

I have a AT-MIO-16E-10 card and NI Measurement & Automation software version 2.0.3.17 installed on a computer with NT4.0 SP5.  When I "test resources" I receive the error "The device is not responding to the first IRQ level."  I have tried reinstalling the drivers, reconfiguring the IRQ of the card, 2 different computers & 3 different cards with the same response.  The original card worked fine for several years until the power supply went out in the first computer & now nothing works.  It seems like I am missing something in the configuration of the card.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,889 Views)
Hi PhilV,

It looks like you had an old AT board in a computer and then the power supply went out and you evidently also changed computers to a device with Windows NT.  Now that you're in the new computer there appears to be some sort of IRQ conflict that is preventing the board from working.

In the past when I've seen this issue and all of the proper steps have been taken to troubleshoot it, the problem is often that the board died between the last use and the current use.  However, it's not always the case, so here are a few other options.

First make sure that you have Traditional DAQ 7.4.1 (if you have LabVIEW 7.0-8.0 or are doing text-based programming) or Traditional DAQ 6.9.3 (if you are using LabVIEW 5-6.1).  Then make sure that you followed the installation procedure outlined here: Product Manual: AT E Series User Manual (Chapter 2)

I did a quick search on ni.com for "device not respond base address" and "irq isa" and found some of the following KnowledgeBases and links that should help you properly troubleshoot the device.

"Not Responding to the Selected Base Address" Error

Troubleshooting Plug and Play Devices for Windows NT 4.0

My PC Doesn't Have Enough Interrupt (IRQ) and DMA Channels to Support the Hardware I Want to Install

There have been a lot of advances in DAQ boards since the old AT days, so with newer devices and computers issues like this are rarely seen.  Hopefully though, the device you have is not broken and we will be able to find out what is wrong with it right now.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,870 Views)