From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Sensor (PT100 RTD) and NI USB-8451

Hi,

Can the NI USB 8451 take in analog data from a temperature sensor (PT100 RTD) ? I was given a NI USB 8451 and unsure on its capabilities. Please can someone advise 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,805 Views)

Can the NI USB 8451 take in analog measurements from a temperature sensor (PT100 RTD) or perhaps digital? I was given a USB-8451 and its somewhat confusing to understand its capabilities.

Please can someone share knowledge or offer advice

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,803 Views)

We're you given any conditioner?  The RTD just changes resistance based on temperature.

Further, your 8451 is an I2C and SPI interface.  No analogs.  But you can easily get an interface that can communicate over SPI and read the sensor for you.  Adafruit PT100 RTD Temperature Sensor Amplifier - MAX31865

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,784 Views)

Would I be able to link that board you posted to the USB 8451 and read it into labview?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,773 Views)

You use the SPI interface in the 8451 to talk to that module.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,753 Views)

any example available so far ??

I want to readout the same RTD conditioner with myRio...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,767 Views)

Hi I really neeed help

I'm trying to interface Adafruit PT100 RTD Temperature Sensor Amplifier - MAX31865 to myRIO board using SPI express but I'm not able to read a temperature, may be something is wrong in my code.

Do you have an example code for MAX31865, or doyou konow whwre I can find it?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,506 Views)

I've now spent 4 days trying to get my 8451 to communicate with the Adafruit 38165 without any luck.  Did you manage to do it?  I've attached one of my now many versions of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,147 Views)