From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech info or replacement option for 181197-01 I/O card

I have a 181197-01 revison A2 pc interface card in a DAQ application.  Anyone have a tech info on it, pin outs, whatever or a modern direct replacement suggestion?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,886 Views)
Craig,

If you are talking about the PCI-TIO-10, there is a user manual for that.  Please click here to access the manual.  Also, if you tell me what your application is, I can recommend a newer card for you. 

Regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,872 Views)

Thanks, yes the card is a PC-T10-10, we are new to DAQ and didnt know quite what we were looking at but that part number is stamped on it.  The software is a custom written package for reading leakage current from high voltage equipment.  We cant configure it at all and the OEM is none too helpful.  I did put a question into NI's "ask an expert" to get an opinion on wether we change the card and change the application to Dasylab or something so we arent flying blind in a fault.  Leakage current from four items of HV plant in a substation (0-20mA) is passed through a resistor, the voltage tapped off and converted V/F to drive a fibre transmitter at (we think about) 300Hz + leakage value and fibered inside to the PC.  The fibre receivers (on a seperate interface board before the pc) appear to feed the freq straight into the PC-T10-10 for conversion back to leakage current values (hard to tell without a schematic).  Each of the four channels has two relay outputs also, a leakage warning at 15mA and an alarm at 20mA.    Have just started fault finding now and were looking for info.  It may be that we scrub it all and start again with something a bit more mainstream.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,839 Views)
And we have just simulated a signal into the PC card.  A signal on any one channel into the PC displays all sort of garbage on all channels so I guess the I/O card is sick.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,834 Views)
Craig,

When you say, you have a simulated signal, are you generating this signal from a function generator?  If this is the case and you are still reading garbage, there is a possibility of a bad board.  Could you also try a different PCI slot and maybe a different computer as well?  Could you also please elaborate a little on the "garbage" that is being read.

Thank you,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,792 Views)
Yes, we inputted FO pulses into the (recently replaced) FO receivers and confirmed the electrical side of the FO recievers were working, they just go into gates 1 to 4 of the PC-T10-10 card for what we think is a pulse width measurement.  Various channels on the software displayed all sorts of obviously incorrect and varying figures from consistant FO pulse input, with figures appearing on channels other than what we were inputting.  I guess the card is shot, or at least part of it, though the software supplied with it is custom written to read only from the first four gates and cant be changed.  We will now replace the whole system, computer, DAQ, software and interfacing though I wonder if there is any software available with which we can function check the other I/O on the PC-T10-10 card and maybe use it for something else?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,775 Views)
Craig,

If you have tried multiple computers and are seeing the same behavior, then a bad card might be the case.  There is no built software to check the working of your card.  However, if you are looking to upgrade your computer and system, we do have some other newer DIO cards, which I can recommend.  The 653X series are cards that are capable of Digital I/O and timing.  The 6536/7 are PCI-Express compatible as well making data transfer much faster than the PCI cards.  If you could tell me a little more about your entire application I can narrow down my recommendation as well.

You can find more information and specifications on these DIO cards here.  You could also use our Online Product Advisor to find an appropriate card.

Regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,739 Views)

I'd like to know what is a newer PCI form factor replace for PC-T10-10 181197-01 I/O Card

Thx.

--Fred

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,909 Views)

Hi Fred, this is Paul with Applications Engineering at NI.

In the future, it would probably be better to start a new thread for a question like this.

As for replacing this card, we have options available.  Specifically this tutorial recommends the PCI-6602 as a direct replacement.  

If you'd like to share more about your application we can evaluate what card might be the best fit for you.  Important things to include would be: the signal types you want to measure (analog, digital, etc), the frequency range you are working in, and how many channels you require.

Regards, 

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
Message 9 of 9
(2,897 Views)