Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task configuration issues for PDA / How to configure CF 6004 under a new installation of LabVIEW with the PDA Module

I inherited a LabVIEW project from someone else. I installed LabVIEW 8.5 and the DAQmxbase drivers [Version 3.0]. I also did a fresh install of the DAQ drivers on the PDA. This also installed NI-VISA 4.2 onto the PDA.

The PDA is an HP 24 running Windows Mobile Version 5.0 5.1.1702 Build #14366] with an ARM processor. The PDA has 192MB flash card and a NI CF 6004 installed.

My workstation is Windows XP Pro with 512 MB Ram. LabVIEW is Developer's Edition Version 8.5 and DAQmx Version 3.0 is installed. Microsofts ActiveSync is also installed and operating correctly.

I tried importing the previous programmers configuration using the DAQmxbase configuration utility from WITHIN the project. I get an error saying that:

"This task is assigned to a device that is no longer available. NI-DAQmx Base will use Dev5 instead."

When I compile / deploy the LabVIEW project, it compiles and tranfers to the PDA correctly, however, the program does not seem to recognize the CF 6004 using the "imported" DAQ configuration.

When I just deploy the version compiled by the previous developer, the program runs properly -- [but it has bugs in it -- that's why I inherited it.].

I suspect that the task configuration that I import with the DAQmx Base Configuration is wrong. Is there any way to verify this ?

Another problem is that when I open the project -- LabVIEW loads around 488 different "core" vi's -- very few of these seem to be related to the CF 6004 on the PDA.

I am open to any and all suggestions -- should I start from scratch and remove then reinstall LabVIEW 8.5 and DAQmx Base or is this simply a task configuration issue ?

Is there a way to test the DAQmx Base task configuration settings on the PDA ?

Is there a way to retrieve the task configuration settings from the PDA ?

Any and all hints / assitance is appreciated.

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,170 Views)
When I just compile & deploy the application [no changes to the source vi's] to the PDA, it runs but I get this error message:

"Read cannot be performed because this version of DAQmx Read does not match the type of channels in the task. Error code: -200525"

Searching the NI site for 200525 does not produce any usable results. There is one message from September 2006 for a CF 6062 DAQ.

HTH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,164 Views)

Hi Greg,

You said that you tried importing the last programmer's configuration from within the project.  I'm assuming that means that you opened on the configuration utility from inside LabVIEW.  The following knowledgebase talks about being about to choose your device (CF-6004) and the need to open the configuration utility from within LabVIEW.  It also has information about loading examples tasks to access the CF-6004.  If this doesn't work, you should probably reinstall the drivers and start over.  Hopefully though, the reason that your device is not showing up is the way that you are accessing the configuration. 

Also usually the error -200525 is associated with trying to perform some type of action like digital on an anlog channel or vice versa.  Hopefully once you device has been found and the original problem is fixed and you are reading the correct configurations, this error will be resolved.

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(8,130 Views)
Thank You Vanessa -- I was doing everything correctly [as I thought] to load someone else's VI's and configure tasks.

The problem turned out to be the imported configuration -- the task was not set up properly in the task configuration. THe solution was actually very simple: I deleted all existing tasks, including the imported tasks and configured the DAQmx tasks from scratch.

Problem solved.

Also: thank you for describing the error code. I couldn't find any information on this other than what you provided.
Message 4 of 4
(7,939 Views)