From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error 50502 using PXIe 6368 Cards with PXIe 8880 controller

Hi all

I am using 07 PXIe-6368 DAQ Cards with PXIe 8880 Conroller (8 GB RAM) installed in PXIe-1078 chassis for simultaneously acquiring 100 channels data in finite mode (with Trigger mode Enable  ) with maximum sampling rate i.e. 2 M samples/s/channel. I am currently using NI DAQmx ANSI C routines to acquire this data.

The problem is that i want to simultaneously acquire 0.45 sec data for each analog input channel for each trigger pulse it receives. This requires about 900 K samples/channel to be acquired for every trigger pulse. However, the program gives an error (status code: 50202) that operation can not be completed as specified. Below 600 K samples/channel, this program works fine however this does not fulfill my requirements.

With PXIe-8880 controller (8-core processor) installed with 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD and PXIe-1078 chassis, is this required acquisition is more than the capacity of this  system or there is something i can do in my C programming using some C APIs to enhance the performance of my system?

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,514 Views)

Hello, 

In this forum someone asked about a similar issue with that error, you can take a look at the solution described there. 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Error-50202/td-p/797498 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,467 Views)

Hello

Thanks for help but this link you mentioned is not working

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,455 Views)

Hello ChristopherBrenes

Can you kindly share again this link as i am unable to open this link?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,439 Views)

Hello,

It looks like it is not working, but I found another forum that may be useful for you. 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/What-is-causing-error-50202/td-p/1763466

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,431 Views)

Hi

Thanks for help. I think the problem is not in coding (may be i am wrong) as i have created a task in NI MAX with these acquisition specifications (mentioned in my first post) and when i try to run this task, it crashes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,427 Views)

Hi all

The problem is still pending and i am unable to solve this issue. Kindly help me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,387 Views)