Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronizing I/O's with encoder input, continous sampeling and I/O multitasking

How do I allow for continous sampeling of a digital input, but still be able to perfome other analoge and digital I/O on an E-series board? Would an M-series help? Also, with my I/O VI's set to highest priority, all computer resorces seem to be taken.

Message Edited by crosss on 04-07-2005 08:35 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,485 Views)
Hi cross,

Both the E and M Series devices will allow you do to digital nd analog input simultaneously, but only the M Series will allow you to perform hardware timed digital sampling. If you're using a M Series device, I recommend starting with the LabVIEW shipping example, "Multi-Function-Sync AI-Read Dig Chan". If you're using an E Series device, you can perform a software timed digital read (data sampling time is controlled by loop), you can set up both an analog and a digital input task in your program (combine an analog acquisition and a read digital port example).

Does your program freeze up when you run your VI? Despite setting the VI to the highest priority, the processes could still be taking up your system's resources depending on your sampling rate, your system, and other applications that might be running. You can try sampling at a lower frequency, increasing the buffer size, closing out unnecessary applications, and if possible, try running on a different system.

Hope this helps,
Lesley Y.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,465 Views)