From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Such a thing as a NI-DAQmx version with full series E support?

Is there a version of NI-DAQmx that supports the series E boards?  I am try to get various properties from some series E boards that I am using.  The only method that I have found to programmatically determine  these properties is by using the NI-DAQmx API. The version I have is 9.0.2 and the series E stuff is not supported.  I have made an attempt at using the API on these boards but I get a 200220 error.  That error means that the device number can't be resolved.  Maybe my code is at fault, though.. Included below are some of my code and observations.  If I could get a version of NI-DAQmx that would play nicely with the series E that would be wonderful.  Perhaps a different API (dll) would provide a solution as well.  I do have to say that seeing the boards' serial number being reported in MAX is making me very determined to find a solution.  Somehow NI is pulling this off!

* Installed programs:

XP sp3
VB6 sp6
Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4
NI-DAQmx 9.0.2
MAX 4.6.1f0

Reference: NI-DAQMX C API

* Opening Object Browser displays how vb6 wants the function

*From Object Browser:

*Function DAQmxGetDevSerialNum(device As String, data As Long) As Long

* Public Function declared in module

*Module:

*Option Explicit

*'this syntax from C : int32 __CFUNC DAQmxGetDevSerialNum(const char device[], uInt32 *data);

*Declare Function DAQmxGetDevSerialNum Lib "nicaiu.dll" (a As String, b As Long) As Long

* Here is the test code:

*Form1:

*Dim sn As Long

*Private Sub Form_Load()

* Debug.Print Hex$(DAQmxGetDevSerialNum("7", sn))
* Debug.Print DAQmxGetDevSerialNum("7", sn)

*End Sub

* Results:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,035 Views)

Please see the "E Series Multifunction DAQ" section on the following link to find the correct version of NI-DAQmx for your device.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/6910/en/#eseries

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,014 Views)

I did not clarify my e-series selection in the original post. The boards I am working with are isa bussed. That greatly affects the support.  

I have done an intensified look through the traditional NI-daq library and hidden away in clear view were the routines I needed. 

So, thanks for the response.  Have a great New Year!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,003 Views)