Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange PXI-6229 Issues

I am working with a PXI-6229 and I'm trying to open up the test panels.  When I do this a window pops up named "test panels" with tabs labeled analog input, analog output, digital i/o, and counter i/o.  These tabs are all devoid of any other content as shown in the screen shot.  When I close this window I get a windows crash report. 

I also tried to go into the configure utility which opens a very long window with nothing in it.  When I close that (alt-f4) NI MAX crashes and I get a NI error.  I have tried to attach screenshots, but unsuprisingly have received errors with that as well.  If any clarification is needed please let me know.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,703 Views)

What version of MAX are you using? Did this behavior just start all of a sudden? I know you said you were having trouble uploading screenshots, but if you can get that figured out it would be helpful.

Here are some things you can try (in order of time commitment):

1.  Reset the MAX Configuration Database by going to Tools>>Reset Configuration Data. Be aware that this will remove any known devices from MAX and delete any DAQmx Tasks that you have saved. If you do not wish to delete these, you can backup the tasks. After clearing the database, restart your computer, open MAX and try to access the test panels.

2.  Upgrade MAX to the newest version. (download here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-16.0/6198/en/)

3.  Uninstall/reinstall DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,673 Views)