From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain gauge set-up with NI 9237

Hi all,

I require a bit of help with my strain gauge application. I am measuring torsion on solid circular bars and will be using a half bridge set up with two active gauges to aquire my data. I will be using NI9237 and plan to connect up my gauges to this via NI9949 screw terminal adaptors but I am unsure of what wires to connect up to each pin. Also if there is anything else that you think might help please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,004 Views)

Hi Andy,

Use the Connection Diagram tool to view the required signal connections between your sensor and connector block. You can view this by placing a DAQ assistant, configuring it for a strain measurement using your 9237, then clicking on the "Connection Diagram" tab.

You'll get something like this:

DSC00899.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,961 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,960 Views)

Thanks for the help guys. I have worked it out now! Another thing, is it necessary to connect up Shunt Calibration with Remote sensing as well? The NI9237 manual says only AL+ EX+ EX- RS+ and RS- are required for half bridge but the diagram includes SC connections as well.

Thanks again!

Andy  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,925 Views)