Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Counter Output on a Analog Trigger in the PCI 6259 Mseries board

Hi,

My question is regarding how to use Analog Triggering to start a counter in the PCI 6259 M-series board.
I have attatched a program here
'Mult_Device_Digital_Analog_Out_on_Analog_Trigger.vi'
and I'll explain my problem regarding this program.

I've tried to include all the details about the program in the documentation for the VI, but what the program
does is essentially output a set of digital and analog patterns as specified by an end user, and at times
specified in the front panel.

Problem 1.

I wish to start the whole operation on a analog trigger signal, in the program its the boolean "Line Trigger",
but I get an error saying that trigger type is not supported, when the M Series board manual clearly says it can be done.
Is there something wrong with my program ?

Thanks.
Shomu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,719 Views)
Shomu

Admittedly, it might take a little time to find the documentation, but it is there. Also, the error you are getting indicates the proper trigger signals to use. In the help look at the analog Triggering Considerations for E Series, M Series, and S Series.

With that being said the easiest thing to do is to setup an Analog Input task configured to start on an Analog Trigger. Then, setup a digital edge trigger for the Counter task. The signal you are going to want to look for is the Analog Comparison Event. This signal won't show up by default in the list. What you need to do is right click on the trigger source constant or control and select I/O Name Filtering. Then check Include Advanced Terminals. Once you have done this you can select the Analog Comparison Event

StuartG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,712 Views)