Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone DAQ system

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to buy a small standalone controller based NI Data Acquisition system which would have the following features,

• 16 AIs
  • 4 Counters
  • Ethernet interface

By standalone i mean that the DAQ system should be such that, it does'nt require a permanent PC connection (i.e. just program once). And it sends the acquired signals to a remote location via ethernet interface.

Please suggest me a DAQ system with the above mentioned features.

Thanks

Regards,

WAQAR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Waqar123

Hello Waqar, 

Please take a look at the Stand-Alone cDAQ (NI cDAQ 9138, or 9139) along with several White Papers below which discuss the Stand-Alone cDAQ.  

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14029/en

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14094/en

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14095/en

Best Regards, 

Izzy O. 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments

ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,521 Views)

Thanks Izzy O. for your suggestions. I hope these links will be fruitful.

Regards,

WAQAR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,514 Views)

Hello Izzy,

Introduction:

=========

i do understand well that NI cDAQ-9138 and NI cDAQ-9139 can go Embedded  with "win embeded 7 os" or "Labview RT" , in addition to this i still need to connect it with PC with the classical way (WinXp , Daqmx , MAX , ..etc)

and Measurment Studio running application.

Question:

=======

Q1-In addition to standalone mode ,can we use NI cDAQ-9139 to run  connected with pc (WinXp , Daqmx , MAX , ..etc) in the same time ? in more details what i want to do with cDAQ-9139 is TWO applications as follow:

Application 1: Running on WinXP PC connected to cDAQ-9139 "ethernet" doing Daq and online data broadcastion to LAN

Application 2: Running on  cDAQ-9139 embmeded processor and doing Datalogging on the cDAQ-9139 internal hard drive

Please advice if we can use cDAQ-9139 to run Application 1 & 2 simultanousley

Best Regards

MyKat

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,298 Views)

Hello MyKat, 

Yes I believe you can utilize the cDAQ-9139 to run Application 1 & 2 simultaneously. To ensure this could you provide more information on Application1 or confirm my understanding of Application 1. As I have understood it you have a Windows XP PC connected to the same network that the cDAQ-9139 is connected to. You have a DAQ system connected to the Windows XP PC collecting data and broadcasting this data over the network. I am making an asumption that in Application 1 since the Windows XP PC is broadcasting this data, the cDAQ 9139 will be the client receiving this data? If this is the case I don't see a reason as to why these two operations Application 1 & 2 can not be accomplished at the same time.

Best Regards,

Izzy O. 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,259 Views)

Hello Izzy O.

Your assumption is correct .. mean while i did this scenario few years ago with compact field point successfully .. just wanted to make sure it exist with cDAQ-9139 .. Cheers

Best Regards

MyKat

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,247 Views)

Hello MyKat, 

I wanted to clarify my statements above and ensure there was no confusion in the capabilities of the cDAQ-913x. Application 1 is possible. Application 1 and Application 2 are possible given the following in Application 2. You are not using the DAQmx API on the Windows XP PC to attempt to communicate to the cDAQ 9139, rather you have independent hardware attached to the Windows XP PC and will be streaming the data from this hardware via the network to the 9139, or have Application 2 on the 9139 collect data (via any resources not used by Application 1) and stream that information via the network to the Windows XP PC. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding my above statements. 

Best Regards,

Izzy C. Obi-onuoha

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,239 Views)

Hello IZZY,

Thanks for your support ..Lets is make it very simple to get red of any possible conflict

Application 1:

-connected with 9139 via ethernet port "1"

-running on WinXP desktop pc

-writtin with Measurement studio

-using Damx API to read Analog input of Channel 1 on the 9139 (or more)

Application 2:

- Wnx xp pc's are connected to 9139 via ethernet port "2"

-running on 9139 WES7 embedded os

-writtin with Measurment studio

-using  Damx API installed into the 9139 WES7 to read Analog input of Channel 1 on the 9139 (or more)

please confirm .. THE TARGET IS TO RUN "BOTH" Application 1&2 in the same time and read AI Channel 1 (or more) in the same time as well

Note:the end user regulations requires the data acquisition to be made with two plateforms "win os" and "embedded os" to ensure redundant operation

Best Regards

MyKat

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,189 Views)

Hi MyKat-

On Application 1:

You can not acquire directly from I/O on a cDAQ-9139 running WES7 by using the DAQmx API on a separate Windows host.  In order to get DAQmx data back on the Windows host, you would need to acquire it locally on the cDAQ-9139 and then publish the data (perhaps by a mechanism like Network Shared Variables in LabVIEW) in order to consume it on the Windows host.  

On Application 2:

You can run the Measurement Studio based application on the cDAQ-9139 running WES7.  I do not understand where the Windows XP PC connected over ethernet comes into play here.  Is it so you can remote desktop into the WES7 cDAQ-9139 in order to interact with the Measurement Studio application running directly on the WES7 cDAQ-9139?  If so, the answer to that is yes.  If I misunderstood your question, please clarify.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,182 Views)