Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square wave generation with variable On and OFF time

Hey John,

I am using cDAQ - 9174 compact daq chassis. You think this will serve the purpose. Also,

So to use 9227, all I have to do is, put it in seris with power supply and the H bridge right?

I will work tomorrow on the VI and send you a copy. It will be really glad if you can help me with that.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,297 Views)

9174 should be fine, it supports clocked Digital I/O so you can just use a Digital Output Task with the 9401 directly for your control signals.  Or, you could stick with AO and use the 9263 that you mentioned earlier.

The 9227 should indeed be connected in series.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,290 Views)

Hey John,

I am going ahead with 9401.  For past couple of days, I am trying to create a VI to control both the signals in same task. But I am kind of stuck.

I have attached the VI I am working on. I am not sure, how to generate two signals on two channels of 9401 in one HW timed task.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,268 Views)

Actually, John.. I am sorry for confusion, Just got directions, that we are sticking to the analog output.

So I am using the NI 6216 module. Just placed the order.

I need the assistance with integrating the write task in same HW timed task.

I have tried to modify the example you sned me.

Any suggestions/improvements welcome.

Thanks a ton !!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,260 Views)

Attached is a modified VI

Suggestions, modification please.

Thanks a lot.

Anupam

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,237 Views)

I'm using a NI-9263 to generate 4 oneshot pulses, 0-5V and a pulse width between 100-200ms.  I need all pulses to be independent and asynchronously enabled.  FYI, these signals will drive relays (to enable contol of electrical motor starters.  I have already built circuits to generate the required current drive for each relay coil.  I just need to be able to use the channels to start and stop the motor controllers.  I've already tested the current drivers and the relays, I just need to complete the loop and get the HW under Labview control.  Is it possible to get this level of control with the vi's highlighted in this thread?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(916 Views)

mauidogg,

Just from glancing at the Control_VI_2.vi I believe that this should give you the functionality you want. It is definitely worth a shot to try this!

Regards,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(900 Views)