From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed-accuracy trade-off for NI DSA 4461 or 4464

If the DSA cards use a Delta-Sigma ADC, there must be a speed versus effective number of bits table or curve, but I have not found it.

Modern 24 bit ADC's reduce to 14 or 16 bits or so at 100 kHz sample rates. I want to know what the samples-ENOB curve for the DSA cards looks like.

At 100kHz sample rate, for example, what ENOB and therefore useable accuracy can I expect from the DSA cards?

Where can I find this curve, so I can balance speed vs useable accuracy in my application. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(726 Views)

Hi MatthewLaws

I have found a specification document, where is written about sample rate of ADC. Picture is attached below. 

lhovs_0-1674475175715.png

For more information follow this link. 

Regards) 

________

Best way to thank is to give Kudos / Marking as a Solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(578 Views)

@MatthewLaws wrote:

If the DSA cards use a Delta-Sigma ADC, there must be a speed versus effective number of bits table or curve, but I have not found it.

Modern 24 bit ADC's reduce to 14 or 16 bits or so at 100 kHz sample rates. I want to know what the samples-ENOB curve for the DSA cards looks like.

At 100kHz sample rate, for example, what ENOB and therefore useable accuracy can I expect from the DSA cards?

Where can I find this curve, so I can balance speed vs useable accuracy in my application. Thanks.

This has been addressed in a duplicate post by the OP - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Dynamic-Signal-Acquisition/Speed-accuracy-trade-off-for-NI-DSA-4461-or-4464...

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(567 Views)