From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solenoid Valve Control

Hello,

I am trying to control 8 solenoid valves using labview.  I have done this before (way back) but I had help from an electrical engineer.  I understand I need the following:

1. USB-6501 

2. Relay

3. Power Supply

4. Solenoid Valves

I already have the LabView program written, as I am using the same one I wrote in graduate school, but I can't remember how to connect the 4 units together.  Can someone push me to the right direction?

Thank you,

Feras

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,598 Views)

Hello Feras,

I assume you are using a digital port for each relay you want to enable. Therefore, I would expect to wire the card's ground and DO to the low power side of the relay so it can toggle it. The high power side of the relay would be separate and should not interfere with the DAQ device's functionality. For more information regarding the specific connection of your relays, please refer to their diagram, specifications, and supplier.

You mention the software is already done, but in case you have problems with it. You can also refer to the examples located in: LabVIEW Help tab > Find Examples... > Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx > Digital Output can be useful to you.

I also recommend exploring the relay options that are available for the C series platform, as they could make the task easier to accomplish.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,508 Views)