From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Analog Output from NI-DAQmx USB-6211

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Here is my problem:

I want my DAQmx (USB-6211) to simultaneously output two different waveforms. One should be output from ao0, the other from ao1. However, I keep getting "Error -50103". I cannot figure out how to get around this. I have tried doing Case 6 from this page but have been unsuccessful (I think that I am doing it wrong). Is there any guidance you could give me? I am new at LabView.

Thank you for your time,

LANL13

P.S. - I have attached a copy of my code if it helps

NI-DAQmx USB-6211.vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,338 Views)

Sorry, I don't think that the VI posted well. Here it is again:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,332 Views)

Did you do a search for this very common error. Your basic mistake is using two separate tasks instead of combining both channels into a single task.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,329 Views)

I agree that that is likely my problem, but I do not know how to fix it. How do I use 2 channels in a single task and then implement that task into my program?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,325 Views)

Delete the second task and either specify all channels at once (i.e. Dev1\ai\ao0:1) or use a second Create Channel wired to the first.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,322 Views)

How do I make something like this: "Dev1\ai\ao0:1"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,318 Views)

Sorry, it was supposed to be Dev1\ao0:1.

Just type it in. Or same basic way you made the Dev1\ao0 but instead click the browse button.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,314 Views)

So I replaced "Physical Channel X" and "Physical Channel Y" with "Physical Channel XY" which states Dev1\a0:1 like you said. This new physical channel is then wired to both Create Channels. However, I still get Error -50103. Should I be using a task instead of a Physical Channel? If so, how do I set it up?

Thanks for all of your help by the way. I truly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,304 Views)

You are going to have to show your modifications. You only need a second create channel if the parameters (i.e. min and max) for it are different than the parameters of the first channel. If you have that, then each create channel function would specify it's own channel and you would not have dev1\ao0:1 anyplace. You would also wire the task out of the first create channel to the task in of the second create channel. You would then have a single clock, trigger, start, etc. function.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,298 Views)

LANL13,

Here is a quick modification which should do what you want.  In this case I have used DAQmx Create Channel twice, because it is not clear if the two channels' Min/Max values will always be the same.

Hope that helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,291 Views)