From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question regarding drivers and the NI PCI-6220

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I looked around a bit and was unable to find a driver download for the PCI-6220, I have recovered this card from an old system and need to install it in a Windows 10 system.

We already have a VI set up, but need the correct software to support I/O. What should I use?

Thank you

Chase

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cproo12

Hey,
I think you need NI-DAQmx, NI-VISA, NI-488.2 and LabView Dev or Runtime for your VI,
which versions depend on your Labview Version of the VI.

To find out which versions you need just google LabView + your driver compatibility. The first result will normally a NI Documentation .
If you can't download the right driver version for your Labview version ask the support.

Message 2 of 4
(2,318 Views)

Thanks, unfortunately that's how I ended up here. I found no results, contacted support, they said they cannot help me and to ask the community forums.

Was hoping somebody here knew more about it or had old software sitting around

edit: my bad! The e-mail preview did not show the first paragraph of your reply. I will give NI-DAQmx a try. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,313 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cproo12

@cproo12 wrote:

edit: my bad! The e-mail preview did not show the first paragraph of your reply. I will give NI-DAQmx a try. Thank you!!

Yep, DAQmx is the package you need for all NI DAQ boards.  The PCI-6220 is at the end of its production life, but the latest version of DAQmx (19.5) should support it just fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,274 Views)