Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal generation and acquisition in DAQ using piezo

I'm presently working in the area of SHM of Bolted joints. The components used are NI Multifunction DAQ USB-6363, Piezo - PZT-5H.

Using LabVIEW, generated Gaussian pulse (10V, 100kHz) to actuate PZT1. The output signal from DAQ was measured with DSO (Amplitude-0.004, Frequency:20 Hz) to actuate PZT1.

I'm unable to get the signals from the sensors (PZT2) as a response after the wave passed through the bolted surface. I have attached the front panel and block diagram of Gauss signal PZT1 (generation) waveform and PZT2 sensing (acquired) waveform.

DAQmx is to be used instead of DAQ assistant?

Whether need any amplifier for the signal?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(837 Views)

Few things amiss here,

• DO NOT use DAQ Assistant
  • There is no sort of synchronization between your signal generation and acquisition
    • Since this is a stimulus-response test using AO and AI you need tight synchronization

Look at this example,

santo_13_0-1626991767051.png

In this example, two AI channels are synchronized, for your use case, change the Master channel to be all AO related functions and apply your gaussian stimulus.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(789 Views)