From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Cold Junction Compensation (CJC) Channel on USB-6210

Recently got a USB-6210, where I am attempting to have set it up with a couple T type thermocouples. The temperature in the room is fluctuates and the USB-6210 does not have a built in Cold Junction Compensation (CJC), so I need to set up a channel. I have been having a lot of trouble even after following with guide:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PqOSAU

Any tips, tricks, suggestions?

Really been struggling. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,911 Views)

What specifically are you having issues with?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,869 Views)

Well, basically every time I follow the guide, all the tempertaures fluctuate quite a bit, and then all temperatures will settle at about -200 degrees C... Have no idea why

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,847 Views)

Hello,

First off, if you are unfamiliar with CJC please read the following article and you can find more like this online.

https://blog.beamex.com/thermocouple-cold-junction-compensation

But the basic principle of the NI KnowledgeBased article that you linked is covered in detail under section "3" of the "Cold Junction options and compensation methods"

If you are seeing your measurements "float" to -200 C please check your wiring back to the USB 6210 is differential and on the correct channels.

Also please post a picture of how you have the temperature task configure in NI MAX with the "settings" tab open on both the "CJC Channel" and also another picture on the "Temperate_1" channel.

Keep in mind that a thermocouple will inherently need CJC with the USB 6210 given that it doesn't have it built in.

What sensor are you using as your CJC measurement? RTD? Thermistor?

Spencer | NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,839 Views)

Hello, 

I am also struggling to get the temperature reading from the a Thermocouple type T using the NI-USB-6210. Taking into account that the USB 6210 does not have a CJC built in, do i need to use a second Thermocouple for that? whan can i do? 

Regards, 

Chispi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(425 Views)