Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting a proper DAQ card for sensor simulation

Hello ,

I have a distance sensor board utilizing inductive measurement principle. Inductance varies for different distances.

My board connects 4.8V to these sensor in a pulse manner and measures the time required for the sensor current to cross certain threshold value. I want to avoid the sensor and use a DAQ card if possible to simulate the sensor experience.

The sensor graph is like below,it shows the time required w.r.t to angle of deviation.

As i understand the current ramps up when the sensor is connected, the controller on board measures this current.So basically external DAQ channel should be able to sink the current supplied by the board , and the rate at which it is sinking i should be able  to program.I need to simulate different sensor characteristics with different current waveforms.

typically i should be able to change current atleast in  range of 10 us , 1us nice to have.

i.e if current range is 0-16mA, resolution may be 1mA, change time( delta time) from one set value of current to another set value should be 1us minimum.

Dont know if it makes sense... But any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Regards,

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,967 Views)

How about a voltage controlled gyrator simulating the variable inductance?

Quick search show up this.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,945 Views)