Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securely Mounting USB-6002

Hi all,

The 6002's predecessor, the 6009, had 3 screws on the outside. Unscrew those and you could simply discard the plastic case and work with the board itself. Then, importantly, the board had 3 holes to be able to be securely screwed into a test fixture. 

Spoiler
IMG_2392.jpg

With the 6002, the case is completely seamless, which looks great. But how am I supposed to mount this into a fixture? First thought was Velcro but some of our test fixtures go through extreme temperature variations. And the terminal labels are printed onto the case, so even if I did manage open up this seamless case to work with only the board, that would be the next issue.

Thoughts?

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(864 Views)

You should probably get an OEM version if you would like to screw it down like the one you had on the image.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374261a.pdf

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(826 Views)