From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling and plotting of virtually generated data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am fresher in DAQ related project. Please, help me to create this project. I have to perform 3 tasks and I am using DAQ assistant to create virtual NI9181 chassis and NI 9203. I have to use these 2 component. 

Here is my tasks: 

1) Scale generated signals between user defined ranges. (My output given by NI9181 is between 0-20mA. I want to scale it between userdefined max and min value.)

example: if output is 2mA and user defined max and min value is 0 and 10 then result should be 1.

2) I want to plot data of 8 channels into one graph

There are two requirements for this: 1) on X-axis graph should show timestamp on which date of data generated should be there

2) Graph should show all 8 channel data in one graph and with previous data

SORRY if I am sounding bit lazy and stupid but I am trying to perform this task but I can't do it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(941 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Winkyy303

1) Create a DAQmx scale. A linear Scale ( y = Mx + B) would use M = 62.5 and B = -0.25 to scale Amps to MyUnit and you should specify the scaled unit since it will populate to the CHART Y axis.  For a Logarithmic scale the math is left to the student as an exercise. 

2) Don't use a Graph use a Chart.

Try for an A+

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(899 Views)

Thank you so much!!!

I have seen your so many solutions on forum and every solution works for me. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(889 Views)