Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI with DAQ USB 6210

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello good day, I'm trying to implement SPI communication with my DAQ USB 6210 as a master are there any VI example already out there?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,318 Views)

I think there is no example. Moreover, the DAQ DIO is static, in the sense you could only write one digital state for the pins at a time using API. So, you would have to build the application such that it will write/read appropriate digital levels to the DIO in a timed sequence. One other catch is generating the CLK, you can proceed with static DIO if the CLK duty-cycle is not critical for the SPI slave performance.

Alternatively, you can try the USB-845x series of devices for easy SPI implementation.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,291 Views)

Hi,

Thank you  for the reply.

I will be testing this today,

as soon as I am able to make this work i will mark this reply as an solution thank you.

Regards,

m.solo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,265 Views)

Hi, Unfortunately i am not able to go into the lab due to sickness and have to wait until this pass to continue testing.
regards,
M. Solo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,244 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author m.solo

I managed to sedn data to my microcontroller using this Solution.

put https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Sending-a-byte-to-a-digital-output-using-a-VI/td-p/356996....

for the moment i am using this to send byte and also reading it. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,172 Views)