From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI Multiple Modules with traditional DAQ

Hello All,

I need to control an SCXI chassis with a very old card and so am limited to using traditional DAQ.  I have done a lot of programming with DAQmx, but this is a little foreign to me.  I have two SCXI 1121s that I would like to take strain measurements from and I am trying to figure out how to select all four channels on each module to scan between.  Do I need to call the 'AI Config' multiple times?  Is the first 1121 going to be device 1 and the second 1121 device 2?  Thanks for any help or guidance you can offer with this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,583 Views)

Hello Sailor_12,

I found an article that I think might solve your problem of working with Traditional Daq devices and software, although I want to warn you it does not directly pertain to the hardware you are working with, I think you will get the gist of how to perform the setup. Please take a look at How to Create and Calibrate NI-DAQ Strain-Gauge Virtual Channel and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Nicholas Kannen

Platinum Systems Applications Engineer

National Instruments

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 2
(2,568 Views)