Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC-FT01/SC-2345 issue

Hi all,
I have a hardware issue and am quite a novice with this sort of thing so I was hoping someone might have an idea with the limited info I am able to provide. I am acquiring displacement data from two rotary potentiometers via an SCC-FT01 coupled to an SC-2345. Yesterday I hooked up a rotary potentiometer that had apparently blown and immediately noticed the inductor labeled L1 (by the SCC-PWR02 module) on the board was red hot. I detached the pot and have since tried to use another that is known to be good. In the first input location I get a raw reading of approximately zero volts when I plug the pot in (-5 V when none is attached), while in the second it performs flawlessly.
The green wire from the board is attached to input 6 on the module, while 2 black wires marked com are input into terminal 4 and two red wires labeled +5 V are input into terminal 1. On the interior, the wire from I/O pad 1 is attached to signal connection pad 6 under "all," while the wire from I/O pad 4 is attached to signal connection pad 3 under "all." This wire is also jumped to I/O pad 5 on the backside of the circuit board.
I have swapped this module for one wired and jumped identically to no avail so I suspect that the problem may be within the board but have been able to find no information that seems to address this issue.
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,745 Views)

Hi Johnny,

I am a bit unclear on some things in your post. However, if you suspect the problem is with the hardware itself, then I recommend contacting National Instruments Technical Support directly.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,734 Views)
Thanks for merging the threads-I wasn't sure which sub-forum was more appropriate. I finally heard back from NI today and was able to resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,731 Views)