From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC-68 differential or RSE or NRSE

I am using a NI SCC-68

I am going to collect 3 signals: Two analog (voltage) signals which are connected to the same ground  (Labratoary grounding system) and 1 Digital signal (a TTL signal ) comes from another device.

For theses signal which terminal confifguration should I use?

Now, I am using DIFF for all three signals but each one have influence on the others!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,713 Views)

Sfarokhi,

What DAQ device are you using to measure these signals? How are you generating the tasks to do these?

As far as connections go, you should reference the user manual of the device you are using to correspond to the channel connections on the SCC-68.

In regards to the actual signal connections though, I'll reference you to the Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals document found at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3344

That reference document is a great read when dealing with grounding connection considerations with analog signals. Your digital signal should be fine to be connected in as usual.

After you've had a chance to go through that document and any user manuals for your hardware (in regards to making connections and pinouts), let us know if you still have questions.

Timothy

Timothy S.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,681 Views)