From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a LabVIEW 8.6 application in win 7 (using cDAQ-9172, 9219, 9422)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I made an LabVIEW application for a few years ago. At that time, I used windows XP and labview 8.6. The hardware used is cDAQ-9172, with NI-9219 (reading four strain gage sensors) and a NI-9422 (using only one frequency input).

First, may I install my old version of labview 8.6 in my windows 7 64-bit computer? I got a fault message when I tried...

Second, how much do I need to install? My old computer was slower after the install of labview with it's drivers. Maybe I installed too much stuff? Do I have to install 1,5GB DAQmx drivers?

If I need a newer version of labview for win 7, how much is an update?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 240glt

Hi,

First version of LabVIEW that is supported on Windows 7 is LabVIEW 2009 SP1.

Regarding Drivers, if you are going to develop or run VI:s in LabVIEW with the DAQmx API then you need to install the full DAQmx driver.

If you're only going to run built executable in the LabVIEW runtime environment then you only need the DAQmx Core Runtime.

If you also would like to be able configure (in MAX) the DAQ HW in a runtime environment you will also need the DAQmx Configuration Runtime.

For upgrades of licenses please contact the local National Instruments Office or follow this link:

http://ohm.ni.com/advisors/ua/pages/ua/intro.xhtml

Best regards,

Klas Andersson

NI Sweden

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,118 Views)

Thank you for your answer! I didn't know about that upgrade advisor. Very nice to get a price.

Best regards

Kent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,016 Views)