Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route PCI 6133 counter as trigger to AI

Hello to all,

I am outputting a digital pulse train from CTR0 counter, and I want to use that signal to trigger an analog input capture on the same PCI 6133 board.  Is there any way to internally route the counter to trigger my analog data aquisition.  I am using LABVIEW 7.1 and DAQmx drivers.

Thanks in advance, whitsy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,536 Views)
Hello Whitsy,

I'm assuming you are using a DAQmx Terminal Control or Constant wired to the source input of a DAQmx Start Trigger, you can use the internal channel, ctr0InternalOutput, to trigger your AI task. To include this and all other internal channels in your DAQmx Terminal list, you will have to change the I/O Name Filtering properties.  To change these properties right click on the terminal (on the front panel if the terminal is a control or on the block diagram if the terminal is a constant) and select I/O Name Filtering.   Check the Include Advanced Terminals box and select OK. The DAQmx Terminal will populate the internal channels at the very bottom of the list (if you have multiple devices, the advanced terminals are separated from the regular terminals).

Regards,
Micaela
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,525 Views)